The mission of AJA is to be a membership based representative organisation for the Jewish community in Australia based on genuine authentic Jewish and conservative Australian democratic values.
The AJA welcomes members from the Jewish community who support this mission.
To be guided by authentic Jewish values means having regard in policy formulation to principles of Torah. This imposes no requirement on how members conduct their lives. The organisation will welcome members of all levels of observance.
To be guided by conservative Australian democratic values means prioritising policies which support individual freedoms, self-determination, human rights, security and respect for rule of law.
CORE POLICY PRINCIPLES
- To be guided by Torah (in its broad sense) in policy development and advocacy;
- In the formulation of policy, in interaction with other bodies, in advocacy and representation to decision makers and media, and in all activities of the organisation, the principles of Torah provide guidance.
- AJA welcomes all Australian Jewish community members who support the AJA Mission wish to join the Association regardless of their level of Jewish observance.
- To work entirely within the laws, regulations and institutions of the Commonwealth of Australia, the States and Territories in which the organisation operates;
- Support the principles of a liberal democracy.
- Advocacy and representation to governments and in the media to be within established democratic structures and methodology.
- Support Israel as the only nation-state and the cultural and religious home of the Jewish people. Support the right of Jews to live in security and peace in their traditional ancient biblical homeland.
- Jerusalem is the eternal undivided capital of Israel and the entire city including the Temple Mount should be administered by Israeli authorities.
- The land of Israel includes the biblical Jewish homelands of Judea and Samaria.
- Support policies and initiatives to further develop and strengthen the relationship between Australia and Israel.
- AJA will constructively engage with Governments, parliamentarians, government agencies and departments in policy and advocacy for the benefit of the Jewish community and Israel as well as present views directly in the media.
- Will work with other groups in the broad Australian community and in the Australian Jewish community in formulating and pursuing common objectives.
- Support as a priority the security of the Australian society in general and the special security needs of the Jewish community as well as the personal security of all individual peaceful and law-abiding citizens.
- Cooperate with and support the work of our Defense Services, police forces and official security agencies.
- Recognise and assist with the security needs of facilities within the Jewish community.
- Oppose vigorously and publicly any ideology, culture or group which threatens the Jewish community or has anti-Semitic dimensions.
- Not to affiliate with any registered political Party in Australia but may engage with, attend meetings, invite representatives and express views on the platforms of any Party.
- Support mainstream conservative values in a manner consistent with the above stated principles including;
- Freedom of speech as a core foundation principle of democracy and Judaism.
- Natural family structure, recognizing every individual has the right of free choice to live how he/she chooses.
- Support for the disabled, aged and other disadvantaged in our community.
- Freedom of religion provided that exercising such freedom does not have adverse impacts on others.
- Strong, diverse vocationally orientated education systems.
- Small government with principles of low taxation, low regulation and efficiency and accountability of expenditure.